Start Late, Finish Rich by David Bach
Retirement Plan (Index Fund of REIT, Mutual Funds & Bond Mutual Funds)
A Four Week Action Plan
Buy a House or more
The Personal Brand Questions:
- As a employee, do you stand out or blend in?
- If you left your company, would it be hurt or helped?
- Do you come to work on time, early, or late?
- Do you have a written plan for your career that describes how you add value at work, or do you wing it?
- Do you have a relationship with the person who determines whether you should get a raise? Do you know anything about his or her family? Does he or she know anything about yours?
- Do you really care about the company you work for, or is it just a job?
- Do you spend any time, money, and/or effort learning new job skills so you can add greater value to your company?
- Do you have a vision of where you want to be with your employer in three to five years?
- Does your employer know you have a vision?
The Seven Magic Questions:
1. What is the most important thing I do for my boss?
2. What does my boss think I'm uniquely talented at?
3. What would my boss be afraid to tell me about my job or how I do it?
4. What would my boss say I could do to add more value to my job?
5. What could I do be my boss's "dream team" employee?
6. Knowing what he or she has learned about me in all the time I've worked here, would my boss hire me today?
7. What would my boss say it would take for me to get a raise in the next six months?
The "Live Rich" Questions:
What makes you happy? Be honest. Think about all areas of your life.
What makes you happy at work?
What makes you happy at home?
What makes you happy with friends and family?
what makes you happy when you are by yourself?
What do you love to do?
What would you do with your life today if you were not afraid of failure?
What is not working in your life?
What are you currently doing that prevents you from experiencing joy?
What is working in your life?
Who is not working in your life? Often there are people in our lives who don't add value. In fact, they subtract from our life's joy. Be honest.
Who right now in your life is subtracting value from your life and adding misery to it?
Can you fix any of these relationships or should you let them go out of your life?
What relationships are working in your life? Just as there are people who don't work in our lives, there are people in our lives who do.